Au-Delà des Pistes (Beyond The Tracks) is delighted to announce their first ever stallion nomination auction, to be held on Friday 2nd December at the Arqana Sales Complex in Deauville.
Au-Delà des Pistes (Beyond The Tracks) is delighted to announce their first ever stallion nomination auction, to be held on Friday 2nd December at the Arqana Sales Complex in Deauville. This is an exciting and valuable opportunity for the breeding industry to get involved in an important effort to raise funds for this fledgling charity, who have outline the following objectives for 2017 to continue to promote thoroughbred aftercare and the retraining of retired racehorses in France:
- Organise a series of Retrained Racehorse Days, with the goals of promoting thoroughbred welfare and aftercare to racing fans, and also the work done by thoroughbred re-trainers across a range of disciplines. The first Retrained Racehorse Day was held to great acclaim this year on 28 August at Deauville-La Touques racecourse.
- Accreditation of existing retraining and rehoming facilities, to guarantee the best possible care for retired racehorses allowing for traceability throughout their lives.
- Crisis funding for the most vulnerable horses.
The list of stallion nominations on offer provides a rare opportunity for mare owners to purchase highly sought-after nominations to a range of exciting stallions including:
- SIYOUNI, kindly donated by the Aga Khan Studs. The sire of triple Gr.1-winner ERVEDYA and the top-class performers SIYOUSHAKE, VOLTA, FINSBURY SQUARE etc, will stand at €45,000 in 2017 and he already has a full book of mares.
- NEW APPROACH, kindly donated by Darley. The 5-time Gr.1 winner produced a Classicwinning tandem in his first crop with 2000 Guineas hero DAWN APPROACH and Oaks heroine TALENT. His nomination for 2017 is €30,000.
- INTELLO, generously donated by Wertheimer & Frère. The exceptionally good-looking Gr.1 Prix du Jockey Club winner saw his first yearlings sell for up to €330,000 this year. He will stand at a fee €25,000 in 2017.
- MARTALINE, kindly donated by Haras de Montaigu. Considered among the very best National Hunt sires in activity, Martaline is the sire of the likes of KOTKIKOVA, DYNASTE and recent winner EDWARD D’ARGENT. The son of Linamix will stand at €15,000 in 2017.
- OLYMPIC GLORY, generously donated by Al Shaqab. A Gr.1 winner at two, three and four, this son of Choisir covered 169 mares in his first book, with his first foals hitting the ground this year. He will stand at €15,000 in 2017.
- SCISSOR KICK, kindly donated by Haras d’Etreham. This magnificent son of Redoute’s Choice, from the famed family of Hasili, won at Gr.3 level and only missed out by a head to Hallowed Crown in a Gr.1 at two. He has just completed his first season at Arrowfield where he was extremely popular. He will stand at €10,000 in 2017.
- RAJSAMAN, generously donated by Haras de la Cauvinière. With his first crop of twoyear-olds hitting the track this year, headed by the promising BRAMETOT and PRINZ HLODOWIG. Rajsaman will consequently see his fee rise from 6 000€ à 8 000€ in 2017.
- DRAGON PULSE, kindly by the Irish National Stud. Winner of a Gr.2 at two, and famously inflicting defeat on Dabarsim in the Gr.3 Prix de Fontainebleau at three, this son of Kyllachy has already sired Gr. Winner AETHOS, and LR winner LEGENDARY LUNCH. He sees his fee rise from €5,000 to €8,000 in 2017.
Said Aliette Forien, President of Au-Delà des Pistes, “The start made by Au-Delà des Pistes has been exciting and encouraging and I must say how thrilled we’ve been with the hugely enthusiastic response to what we’ve achieved so far. The success of the first Retrained Racehorse Day exceeded even our expectations and we would like to host this type of event all over France next year. Our mission is also to identify and accredit the retrainers who can take in retired racehorses and safely transition them into second careers in equestrian sports. We also hope to put in place competitions for ex-racehorses across the equestrian disciplines, including dressage, show-jumping and eventing, as well as designating a fund for the most vulnerable horses in crisis situations. All this requires financing and we would like to offer our sincerest and warmest thanks to the stallion farms who have donated a nomination to the auction. The funds will be used to promote a cause which concerns every single actor in the business: from the breeders to jockeys, trainers, sales companies, agents to the owners. Aftercare is our shared responsibility.”
Date: Friday 2nd December at 5.30pm
Venue: Arqana - Deauville
More on Au-Delà des Pistes:
Project Manager: Marine Thevenet - Tel: +33 6 79 59 97 49